Monday, May 27, 2013

My Husband (original date 1/30/2012)

My Husband - Mike is an undx Aspie which can make things very hard on me because we have three boys with Autism. Kyle 3.5 HFA, Karl 5 ASD & Donald 10.5 AS, which means I am solo, I can't say solo for being Typical because I have always said that I am NOT normal and don't want to be normal. Since Mike was never dx at a young age he is learning along with the boys on many Autism quirks. Things that causes frustration for me is that Mike has NO common sense, no sense on time importance, no understanding of the boys structure and he can remember every history fact but cannot remember simple instructions. To add to things he is a trucker and only home 4-6 days a month. Needless to say it is up to me to do just about everything. A few months ago we had our third argument in almost 12 years about him dismissing things I say because I am not 'book smart' just like our son Donald does to me. I am the Arts person with common sense & street smarts. Since that argument he has really stepped up his game. I actually enjoyed his last vacation home, he even learned to make me eggs, bacon & toast for breakfast.
Recently Mike got a gmail account & we just linked our calendars together. When reviewing I saw that he had a date highlighted. March 9, the day my miscarried son/daughter would have been born, he/she would have been 14 this year. My heart melted as he told me that he always wants to remember to be gentle with me on that day. I so wish he was home because I fell in love with him all over again.
It really shows that you are never to old to learn new things. He has really showed me that he does love me and cares about my feelings, he just does it in a different manner. I just hope his next step is to plan a romantic date night for us:):) Valentines Day in a couple of weeks Handsome. Hint, hint, hint!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE YOU HANDSOME :)

No comments:

Post a Comment