Monday, May 27, 2013

Fell asleep (original date 1/9/2010)

Last night I fell asleep early, I guess I am relaxing down from the emotional roller coaster from this  week. I haven't heard from K.M., I am not surprised. Tiny came to live with us yesterday and she is settling into the family routine. When Donald was able to relax after the boys went to sleep, Tiny jumped into his lap and licked him. Donald was so happy, I think Tiny will really help Donald relax. K & K have a blast watching Tiny walk around the house, we will have to desensitize Karl from her a bit because he doesn't understand her size. As I am typing Tiny is sniffing around the house getting to know it.  On Thusday I had mentioned Mike was home and schedules got thrown off, I found out on Friday that Karl was so thrown off and upset on the ride to school he wouldn't talk to his bus driver or monitor, he normally talks with them most of the ride.  Mike got upset and wondered what we do from now on and I said "throw the schedule off whenever possible". Tiny slept in Donald room last night and woke him up aound 7:30. Now I just have to teach her to wake him up at 6am on school days. LOL Potty training is hit or miss, Karl gets caught up with things and forgets but that is part of the process. Kyle has 4 eye teeth coming in at once, this is the only time I like that he can't register pain. For the most part not registering pain is the hardest part of Autism, you have to watch what they do, know when to go to the hospital & when you don't need to go. It is hard because he can't tell you what hurts. Although Kyle has watched Karl get hurt, cry, say booboo and gets a kiss so now & then when something hits Kyle he will cry, say booboo gets a kiss and walk away laughing. Since he laughs so fast I know he didn't feel it.
        For me I found out yesterday morning I lost 4lbs since I went off my Thyroid meds on Christmas. I have been on these meds for almost 5 years and it is impossible for me to lose weight. I was working out 2 hours a day, eating right and would not lose a lb.In November  I got sick and had to take Sudafed so I had to go off my meds and I lost 5lbs. in a week. Then got better and went back on my meds and lost nothing. I did get lucky that I didn't gain the 5lbs back. So Christmas Day I decided I would try no taking the meds and it is paying off. I hope I continue to lose 2lb a week, that means I will be wearing my size 10s by my birthday.
      This morning the boys woke at 7:30, but played in thier room til 8:15 so I got to relax in bed for a bit. Then we rushed around to get to the gym, I got in a quick cardio and then took a Yogalates class.It has been weeks since I was able to take that class so I know I am going to be in pain tomorrow, just in time to take a Yoga class. Although on the good side of class this morning, while doing downward dog my shirt slipped up a little. Yeah !!! My shirt is not snug anymore. Then I did something I probably shouldn't have I took the boys to WalMart during their lunch time. They were a little hyper and loud but overall not too bad. It was a day I felt that I needed to push the boys, some days they need to be pushed. They can not always have their schedule, can't always go shopping when it is slow & they can't always have it their way. I have to get them ready to live in a world where life can change at a moments notice. I don't believe in teaching them to fit in with others, I teach them to be themselves & teach them how to cope with what is different from what they know &  want. Tonight will be pretty quiet, dinner & relaxing with the boys. I am hoping I can fall asleep early tonight too.

No comments:

Post a Comment