Monday, May 27, 2013

Long Week (original date 1/31/2010)

It felt like this week would never end. I felt like I was in a fog all week, been fighting Bronchitis for almost two weeks. It wasn't bad enough to go the the Doc but bad enought to make me feel like crap all week. This is why I didn't write all week as I was going to bed early and couldn't concentrate. The good news is I beat the bronchitis, green tea does wonders.
Donald has had a pretty good week, which is surprising with what has been going on at school. Earlier in the week he had told me a kids was giving him a hard time and had pushed him down. He asked me to let him handled it so I took the back seat on this issue at first. Well friday he came home all upset because Monday morning he has to report to the office. This kid stepped out of line and Donald moved up in the space. Well the kids started giving Donald a hard time, pushed Donald down and then thru himself in the furnace and said Donald threw him. I could tell by the look on Donald face that he hadn't thrown him, plus there is no way Donald has the strength to throw anyone. I called the priciple and she explained to Donald that on Monday they were going to talk with both boys to find out what had happened. This helped Donald feel better so he wouldn't worry all weekend. Donald & I talked,  he agreed that it is time for adults to step in and help. Him and I watched Super Manny on Sat, it was interesting to watch Donald react to the kids yelling at their parents when he yells at me at times(although Donald does not swear). We are going to try working on Donald not yelling  at me and how he can use his words in a nice way to explain how he feels. And that he will go to his room to let both of us calm down.
Karl has been a spit fire all week. He has had his fingers in his mouth all week, his oral sensory issues have been on high this week. Maybe he is getting more teeth. He is becoming such a helper, in the morning he opens the curtains and no one asked him to. It is interesting to watch him do things without being asked. He has so much knowledge in him, it really does show the truth of the Statement "Just because I don't talk doesn't mean I have nothing to say". Karl has been coming up and saying things lately but at times we have no idea what he is saying. When I tell him I can't understand him there is a pain in his eyes that breaks my heart. He is trying so hard but at times I am just clueless &  helpless and that is the worst feeling in the world. We are all still trying to figure out one of the songs he is singing. We now have Karl handling washing his hands with a wipe instead of water and soap to help him with his water OCD. Now we are going to start potty training back up.
Kyle is still striping and Karl has jumped on board with him. He peed on the couch yesterday because Karl got him to take off his diaper too, good thing I have removable cover for the cushions. LOL  Kyle acid reflux has been acting up real bad this week, Thursday he was throwing up all night. I got two hours sleep that night but he was fine on Friday and took a 4 hour nap.
Karl & Kyle had made a game out of bed time, after I leave the room Karl would turn on the light and they would play. When I would come back up they would both flash me a smile and giggle. I would put them back to bed & we would repeat things all over again about 8 times before they would settle down. I fixed them by taking the light bulb out so they had no light in their room. Boy were they upset when they went to turn on the light and it didn't work. So they are now waking and standing at the gate but they are doing it less and less.
As for me I have been very disappointed that KM still has not shown up for a family dinner, as I write this I am still hoping she will come today but I doubt it. I am going back on my thyroid meds as my patience level has dropped a lot and I have been yelling more. I don't want to yell so I will go back on  the meds and hope the Docs  in Feb.  will help me find a med that helps me better.

No comments:

Post a Comment