Monday, May 27, 2013

I Miss You Dad!!!!! (7/28/2012)

Twenty Five years ago I graduated from High School (summer school) in the morning, my Father was not feeling well so he told me to go out  with friends for lunch, I  came home to change to go start my new job at Sears. Upon leaving my Father & I talked about how we would go out for lunch on Thursday because his stomach was hurting. He gave me a pen & told me that I would be the one to make it. I laughed saying how my sister was so much smarter than me. He agreed but said my common sense was more important than her book smarts. My last words to my Father was "Oh Dad, I Love You" He gave me a hug & kiss and I left for work at 4:30pm.
At 7:30pm I was called out of work to go to the Hospital. On the way at a stop light I heard the end of a song "I will see you again with the lights go down."  ( I still have no idea what song it is) I knew at that moment my Father had passed away, my heart hurt more than words can explain. My Father was my rock, he was the one person who loved me for me and I had been at his side for ten years taking care of him, As I write this I am crying as though it just happened as I miss him everyday. My Donald who is named after my Dad is looking so much like my Dad,  Karl has my Father's creativity & Kyle has his charm and temper. It pains me that he never got to meet Karissa & the boys, he would adore them so much.  Losing the ONE person in my life that believed in me was the hardest and still is the hardest thing for me,  I would give anything to get a hug from him.
I LOVE YOU DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment