Monday, May 27, 2013

How to know??? (original date 10/19/2012)

One of my sons keeps stating a friend has invited a group of them to an event next week but my son has not received a paper invitation. So how do I know if the verbal invite is legit??  Now I am sure that you are thinking, just ask the parents. I could do that but then if then the parents may feel compelled to say yes my son was invited when he hadn't been.  Sometimes it is so hard to know when a person is speaking in generals and when they are being sincere. You know when someone says let's do lunch sometime but then sometime never happens. So you are left wondering, did they forget, were they just being polite or are they just too busy. Teaching an Aspie to understand the difference between a friend and an acquaintance is hard when there are times I do not know the difference.
There is one person who says I am a dear friend of hers but in two years I have never been to her house and  never been invited to any events she has had.  So am I a dear friend of hers or is that just something she says when I have just done something for her??? How to know???
At least I know where I stand with my boys:)  They are who they are and you always know where you stand with them which can be a positive aspect of Autism.  I wish more people could be clear with their feeling and/or intentions and get rid of polite phoniness !!!  But until then I guess the boys and I will worked together trying to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment