Monday, May 27, 2013

Testing Their Dad (1/25/210)

Mike was able to come home this past weekend & the boys tested him big time. Karl with having the  answer NO to everything he is told and Kyle laughing at him when he is told to get off the table. I stepped back and let Mike handled things, it was nice to not be the bad guy for a while. I must say Kyle is cute when he is defying you, he has this cute laugh and he give you the eyes like he is sweet and innocent. It takes everything in you not to laugh with him, Mike held strong and we started Kyle on time outs. He actually sat for the two minutes in the chair but he finds it funny. We will be constant with the time outs and hope that he will understand them soon.
    Karl has found his voice to say NO to everything and he has such determination when he says it. On one hand it is frustrating as hell but on the other it is quite impressive for him to do it with confidence.  When he says no when he is asked to do something, he is then given a choice between bed or task that was originally asked. So far he chooses to complete the task. Karl is becoming a little helper, on Friday he went to get a pull up from my drawer and there was non. Without being asked he went upstairs to get more pull ups, although he took all his pull up downstairs. So I waited until he finished then when he wasn't looking I brought most back up stairs. Then in the afternoon he made a mess and all on his own he got the broom and tried to clean it up. He has never been asked to do these tasks but knew exactly what to do and doing it w/o being asked just makes my day.
       Donald was in an odd mood this weekend, he was very clingy to me. I would have thought that he would want to be with Mike most of the time but he was at my side. I am not sure if it is because he feels bad that when Mike is home K&K want nothing to do with me, they only want Daddy. Which is good because they need time to catch up with him but I think Donald is protective of me.
      I am hoping that the talk Mike and I will help with things to prevent me from getting frustrated from now on. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment