Monday, May 27, 2013

Size Up (original date 1/15/2010)

I have three boys all going thru a major growth spurt all at once. Donald 8  is wearing 14 tops & 10 slim bottoms, Karl is only 3 1/2 and he is fitting into 5-6 & Kyle 20mth is now fitting into 4 tops and 2t bottoms( he has a bulky top). Good thing their birthdays are May, July & August so I have Donald's clothes to pass down to K&K otherwise they would be wearing highwaters as I would not be able to buy them all new clothes at once. I think I am going to have trouble with Karl with the clothes change as I wanted him to try some items on and he had a meltdown wanting his old clothes. Kyle is liking  the switch now but at first he said no as if he knew his brother had worn the shirt just last week but with some encouragement he wore the shirt. Kyle's smile makes my day, last night I was having a tough time, Donald verbally stimming, taking forever to get small tasks done and giving attitude. Karl can now  jump the gates so he thinks he has the right to do whatever he wants to do throughout the whole house. I will be setting up more activities to help keep him from running all over the house. Well I went into the living room and Kyle yelled Mama with a big smile and it made all my tension go away.
    Donald & I had a long talk about him doing things to get attention and how he is attracting the wrong attention by getting in trouble. I knew he would understand what I was talking about even though most teenagers don't get it. He actually did half of the talking which was very refreshing from what I go thru with K.M. She argues everything I say where as he wanted to hear me and said he wants to work on being good  to get good attention and not bad attention. Why is it my 8 year old can have more of an adult conversation than  my almost 21 year old daughter. Donald is really trying today & wrote a lot of his punishment too, so tonight him and I will talk again. I am going to let him off on the rest of the writing as long as he continues to work on things. He will understand that if he starts back to his old ways then he will continue the writing again.
   As for me while unpacking the boys clothes I came across a black dress that I have not been able to fit into since 2000. I have hung it on my door to be my goal, I will fit into it by summer and Mike will take me somewhere nice so I can wear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment