Monday, May 27, 2013

Kyle - ASD or not?? (original date 2/1/2010)

Kyle had a great session today, he is at the right level for just about everything. We are working on Sensory Issues and will be going on some field trips to help him with crowds. I look at Kyle at times & wonder does he have ASD or not. A lot of people think he is just fine and I would love nothing more than to believe it but something tells me Aspie  & sensory seeker. I know Kyle is his own person but I see small things, things most people don't see or wouldn't care about. But for me they are like little pieces that will show me Kyle's puzzle picture so I can help Kyle in every way possible.  With Donald & Karl I learned how important it is to start helping early, so I want to keep on top of Kyle but also give him space to be himself. I will just keep observing him and make notes so I can help him because I must follow my gut feeling. With Karl I knew but everyone got me to belive that I was over thinking things so I lost precious time, I won't let that happen again.
     Donald project is going ot be done on the computer. The school is thinking that typing may be the answer to the writing problem. But for me it seems like a bandaid when rehab is needed and at some point the bandaid is going to fall off & we are back where we started. I will let him do the project on the computer but I am going to encourage him to learn to write.
   Karl needs to get potty trained, so I have to find a way to get him to sit on the potty. He thinks he is helping by taking off his diaper but he is making a mess as he had done #2. During Feb break I will be working very hard at the training, it will be easier as no school and he will have had naps.

No comments:

Post a Comment