Monday, May 27, 2013

First Birthday (original date 5/2/2010)

My Granddaughters turned 1 on the 28th and her party was today &  my Grandson Carter turns 1 on Monday and his party was Saturday. Two large parties in two days for two wonderful Grandchildren. Carter's party was a house party with a pool. My three little swimmers loved getting to swim. Karl & Kyle both had a moment they went under water for a bit. Karl slipped off Mike's back and went under for a second, he was very upset at first. He only wanted me, he kept crying, I talked with him for a while and then he started to cry because he wanted to go swimming again. I was very happy he went back in so quickly, then he went down the slide while Karissa caught him in the water. Mike took Kyle down the slide and on the last second he slipped and Kyle went under for a second. I took him out of the water right away but he had to go back in. It sucked that they went under water but I was very proud that they handled it so well. It makes me feel that I have helped them learn to rebound from bad situations. Donald would have stay in the pool all day if we would have let him.
Kyle had a two breakthroughs during the party one he ate more steak at the party than he has eaten in the past two months. It was very spicy, a little too spicy for me but not for Kyle, he couldn't get enough of it. I think that because he under registers taste that  he needs things to be extra spicy. So I will be making steak strips with that sauce in hopes that I can get him to eat more meat. My Cherished Daughter Cassie's cousin was at the party and played with Kyle. Normally Kyle won't go near new people but he took to this teenager right away. They were  joking around, bumping fists, he pushed Kyle around on the tricycle & played ball with him. Kyle had no fear and was so happy it made my day perfect. And Carter was so cute eating his cupcake, frosting was everywhere. hehe
Jordyn's party was at the park, this was more daring with the boys because there was no fence. I used small cones to mark boundary lines for the boys. We told Karl & Kyle they could not go past them unless we were with them, for the most part they stayed within the line. Donald learned how to play Boccie and did very well too. My Dad must have been smiling in heaven watching Donald play today as Boccie was my Dad's favorite outdoor game. When no one was playing with the Boccie balls, Karl would sneak over and play by himself. He was so cute saying ready, set, go and then throw the balls. He was cute when he would cheer Donald on too. Kyle had a harder time at this party, out of nowhere he would get scared and start crying. I think it was mostly when he got too close to the crowd. I am sure ex-family members (my sisters) thought we stayed to the opposite side of the party because of them. But the reality is that we went to one side so the crowd wouldn't overwhelm the boys too much and it kept the boys away from food & the grill.
Overall it was a great weekend. My Grandchildren are so adorable, I am the luckiest person in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment