Monday, May 27, 2013

Good Day (original date 2/2/2010)

For the most part today has been a good day, only dressed Karl 1 time & Kyle 25 times. LOL    It will take time but they will learn to keep their clothes on. Karl went potty once, it is funny to watch him move his hips to aime but he does it and refuses to touch. He only got  little upset about not using water to wash his hands. Once I finished cleaning his hands with a wipe and told him his hands were all clean he calmed down. K&K both ate their chicken tonight with a little parm cheese and Donald ate four pieces of broccoli. Kyle wanted a lot of pressure today for some reason. I was very happy to see him be more constructive in asking, he took my arms, wrapped them around him and said squeeze. Karl is not chasing Tiny as much now, he actually sat on the floor and let Tiny crawl into his lap and he pet her gently.You can tell he wants to give her big hugs but I remind him to pet and he is listening. I packed up all Karl's picture exchange schedules & prompts today. He has been doing well with us not using them so I thought he would be ready for them to be out of sight. He didn't seem to notice they were not on the fridge anymore.  K&K went right to sleep tonight, guess having no light in the room really cuts into their playing.
   Donald project is going to be the death of me. I am trying so hard not to get frustrated  but OMG I want to scream. He is doing a timeline of Albert Einstein, his book even has a timeline to help him. He has to pick 10 facts to talk about and he picked all personal information. I looked at him and said "you are doing your project on one of the most famous scienists in the world and there is nothing about his work." he looks at me and says "yeah". I repeat myself and he looks at me and says "OH, guess I should have added facts about his work."  I had the hardest time in school, struggled just to get Cs & Ds but I always did good on written assignments. I now think that the good grades on assignments had more to do with common sense than book smarts. So we are two weeks working on this project, nothing is done yet & it is due Friday. I am just waiting for his stress to kick in that he has to speak to the class, I am hoping his Prozac will help with this part of the project.
   For me, things are pretty good other than the project. Although I am a little nervous about a bruise I found on my hip today. I have always bruised badly but I don't like the looks of this one, I have a bad feeling about it. The weird part is that it doesn't hurt just looks bad. I took a picture and will show my Doc at my apointment Monday. I have been catching up on the sleep I lost last week when Kyle was up all night.  For tonight I am going to relax with an ice cream sundae, tea & watch Biggest Loser. I should probably skip the sundae but I will do extra at the gym tomorrow to make up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment