Thursday, November 21, 2013

Project - Giggle

Giggles

I have always noticed that there is one thing that makes our children giggle on Christmas Morning, I am not talking about them opening their presents. It is when they are waiting for Mike & I  to open the presents they made or carefully picked out for us. They stand there with such excitement trying so hard not to not tell us what it is. I love the look on their faces when we finally get the wrapping paper off and open the box. Their happiness is what Christmas is about :) Back when I was a single Mom, it meant so much to Karissa that she was able to have a gift for me. We were lucky that friends always helped with this:)

I know times are hard, so a couple of years ago I created some gifts that were under $5.00 so Southern Maine children could giggle Christmas Morning. I also stated that even if a child did not have any money they would leave with a small present for their parents. Only a few came in last year so I am starting to spread the word earlier this year. Also I am opening it up for customers to help. When you stop in to do your Christmas Shopping you can purchase a small item and put it in the 'Giggle' basket pictured. I am hoping that I will have to add more 'Giggle' baskets very soon.

Please let your friends know about Project 'Giggles'!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment